Intuit’s QuickBooks is considered one of the best accounting software available in the market. Since it is packed with some amazing features these days, most organizations heavily depend on it. This application has known to handle the finances and accounting, inventory management, and more, thereby ensuring the smooth functioning of the companies. Every year, a new version of the software is launched with newer and improved features. So, in this blog, we will in detail discuss how to use the QuickBooks auto data recovery tool.
Often it happens, that the users lose their files or the data gets damaged due to some reason, affecting the entire business operations. However, all the data can be recovered with the help of the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool. This tool basically creates a backup for the company files and you can also use the auto-replication feature so as to create a duplicate of the QuickBooks company file and QuickBooks transaction log file.
What is QuickBooks Auto Recovery Tool?
QuickBooks Auto Recover Tool or ADR is a very important tool to keep backup of all of the company data, the loss of which can paralyze the business operations. This tool actually puts to use the current Transaction Log File and a copy of the company file to restore the lost transaction. It also restores all the transactions except the ones that were done at the last minute. The auto data recovery tool utilizes the current transaction log file and also a copy of the company file to restore the lost transactions. It should be noted that the QuickBooks Auto Data recovery can be a quick way to recover lost or corrupted data.
QuickBooks auto data recovery can help the user in recovering the lost file in two ways:
Recreating the lost transaction with the current transaction log file and a copy of the company file.
Recreating the last few hours of transactions with a copy of the company file and the transaction log file.
Here are a few points that you need to consider prior to using the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool.
- If you have QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions for Windows, then you can use this tool
- This tool is not available in the Accountants Editions
- Minimum file size of 1.5GB can be backed up. Should your file size exceed 1.5GB, then QuickBooks will not create the ADR file
- To get the maximum efficiency of the tool, you should use the latest version of QuickBooks.
How to use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool?
Below are the solutions that can help in recovering all the lost data with the help of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
Solution 1: Recover the lost data using the original TLG file with.’QBW. Adr file’
The original Transaction Log as well as the present version of ADR can help in getting back the recent transactions that are lost. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, create a new folder on your desktop and name it QBTest
- Now open the folder where you have stored your company file. You will come across the company file location on the Product Information Screen and also in the No Company Open Window
- Now look for the .tlg file on the company file folder and the file that you are searching for will have the same file name as your company file name.
- In case, you are unable to identify the .tlg file then follow the below steps to show file extension
- Press on the Windows+E keys so as to open the File Explorer
- After this select Organize and then choose Folder to look for options (Windows 10,8.1, and 8) to proceed further
- Now choose the View option to select the File name extension
- Once done, you have to choose Hide Extension for the known file types option
- After choosing the option that came, you have to click on App
- Once, do you have to open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder which you will find in the same location as your company files?
- Now copy the .QBW.adr file and then paste it into the QBTest folder. So, now you will have both QBW.adr and .tlg.file in the same folder after this open the QB Test folder and right-click on the .QBW.adr file and then select the rename option.
- Delete .adr which is located at the end of the file name
- Now in QuickBooks, open the company file which has been saved in the QBTest folder
- Once done, check using the account register if all transactions are there in the file
- Now you have to follow the given series of activities to ensure the data integrity: File >> Utilities >> Verify Data
- You can now move the damaged files to some other location and get it replaced with the copy from the QBTest to the original location
Solution 2: Recover recent Transactions using the .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files
The second solution that we are going to discuss, will utilize the ADR version of both the .QBW and .TLG files. Do note that this method of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery can take up to 12 hours to recover the lost or damaged data:
- First, you have to create a new folder on your Desktop naming it QBTest
- Now by using the QuickBooks company file feature, open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. It suggested checking the location of the company file on the Product information screen, by pressing F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys, and also no company open window.
- After that, you have to access the .TLG.adr and adr files. It should be noted that the files have the same name as the company file. Show file extensions. In case the user is unable to identify the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files, then the below steps can be carried out.
- Press Windows + E keys, in order to open the File Explorer.
- And then, select the organized option, followed by selecting the folder and search options. For Windows 10, 8.1, 8: users are required to select view and then choose the file name extension.
- The next step is to select hide extensions for known file types.
- And after that, choose to Apply and then hit the OK button.
- The user then required to copy the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files and then paste them to the QBTest folder.
- Now select both the files and paste them in the QBTest folder and then delete the .adr files
- Followed by opening QuickBooks.
- And then, the user recommended opening the company file that saved on the QBTest folder. The user recommended using the account register, in order to verify all the transactions are present.
- After this you have to follow the listed series of action to verify the integrity of the data is intact- File >> Utilities >> Verify Data
- Now if you see that the recovered file data unharmed then copy the entire data from the QBTest folder and past it to the QuickBooks company file folder.
Through the above-mentioned solutions, you can easily use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool to restore back the lost files. However, if you are unable to do it or have any queries regarding the tool then trained accounting professionals are there to help you out.
You can simply contact us through our toll-free number i.e. 1800-986-6570, and our technical support team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services round the clock.
- What is QuickBooks Error Code 12029? How to fix it? - November 26, 2020
- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 41? - November 23, 2020
- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error C=184? - November 20, 2020
- How to WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks Desktop? - November 18, 2020
- What is QuickBooks Data Recovery? How to Recover Data? - November 11, 2020
- Fix QuickBooks Installation Updating HTML Error 1603 - November 9, 2020
- How To Record Bounced Check in QuickBooks? - November 5, 2020
- How do I troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15241? - November 3, 2020
- How to fix payroll error in QuickBooks Desktop? - October 29, 2020
- QuickBooks not Calculating Payroll Taxes | How to Fix? - October 26, 2020
- QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 – The Parameter is Incorrect - October 7, 2020
- QuickBooks Error 15215 – How do you fix it - October 1, 2020
- How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12007 with latest Methods - September 28, 2020
- Simple way to fix QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816 - September 23, 2020
- What is QuickBooks Error Code 6130 and how to Solve? - September 21, 2020
- What is QuickBooks Error H202, and how do you fix it? - September 17, 2020
- How do I Fix QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation Problems? - September 14, 2020
- Steps to Void check in QuickBooks Desktop - September 10, 2020
- Unable to Print Invoice in QuickBooks Desktop - September 7, 2020
- Fix Error 1603 when Update QuickBooks Desktop - September 3, 2020
- Record a loan payment in QuickBooks loan Manager - September 1, 2020
- How to fix QuickBooks issues in Simple Steps? - September 1, 2020