One of the most difficult facts of life as a Male Diabetes Solution Review type 2 diabetic is when you don’t know your blood sugar levels you can’t control your condition. While it might be tempting to call a psychic hot-line to get that information, the reality is the only way a diabetic can know their blood sugar levels is by finger sticks to draw blood samples to be read by their home glucometer. Test strips are expensive, but even diabetics enjoying excellent insurance coverage often avoid testing. Often it’s because the diabetes educator who explained how to self monitor did not show them the right way, the less painful way.
Stick here: a strong jab in the fleshy end of your finger or thumb will produce a super drop of blood that’s easy to get onto the test strip. The problem with this is the fleshy parts of your fingers are where you have the most nerves and you feel the most pain. It’s a lot better to draw blood on the sides of your finger or thumb… away from your nail… where there is far less sensitivity to pain.
Stay sharp: although it’s possible to draw blood by just jabbing yourself with a sharp object, it’s always better to use a spring-loaded lancet. After a few tries, you can find the setting that gets a drop of blood the size you need… with very little or no pain. The maker of the lancet will advise you to use a fresh sharp every time you test, and there’s a reason for that. Sharp lancets cause less pain than dull lancets. You can actually use the same lancet over and over again for up to 100 tests… but after short time, testing will begin to hurt.
Lancet gauge: the higher the gauge of the lancet by the way, the more “ouchless” the finger stick. Most diabetics prefer 30 gauge lancets. You can also avoid painful finger sticks simply by testing in different spots on your finger tip. Testing in the same place often, will give you a callus… then it gets harder and harder to draw a drop of blood there. And at some point you will give yourself real pain when you try to break the skin or callus. https://healthscrutiny.com/male-diabetes-solution-review/
- Get the Lottery Software That Makes You Win - September 9, 2019
- Water With Your Skincare – Natural Skincare Treatments That Work Quickly - September 9, 2019
- Top Tips To Jump-Start Weight Loss - September 9, 2019
- 500 Minutes From Freshness! - September 9, 2019
- Exposed Causes of Restless Leg Syndrome - September 9, 2019
- Romantic Conversation Starters – What to Say to Make Her Fall in Love With You - September 7, 2019
- When Disaster Strikes, Go to Plan B Dressing - September 7, 2019
- The Most Common Areas For Hyperhidrosis - September 7, 2019
- Forex Trading Made Easy – A Simple Roadmap For Currency Trading Success - September 7, 2019
- Thyroid – Depression and Hypothyroidism - September 7, 2019
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Can Occur After Hip Replacement Surgery - September 6, 2019
- Muscles That Attract a Woman’s Attention - September 6, 2019
- Steps to Keeping Your Own Kitchen From Turning Against Your Weight Loss Efforts - September 6, 2019
- Eyeglasses Online – The Convenient and Cheap Way to Shop - September 6, 2019
- Heat Pumps Save Energy and Money - September 6, 2019
- A Complete Guide to Forex Market, Trading and Software - September 6, 2019
- The ‘Poor Man’s Thyroid Test’ - September 5, 2019
- Who Else Wants Knee Pain Relief - September 5, 2019
- Alternative Health – Tips For Painless Finger Sticks When Testing Blood Sugar Levels - September 5, 2019
- Get Shocking Results With the 7 Day Cleanse - September 5, 2019